Keeping Our Promise...
Next February will commence The Philadelphia High School for Girls’ year-long celebration of our Alma Mater’s 175th Anniversary. We’ll honor generations of women providing exemplary educational opportunities for young women. To sustain this stellar legacy, the Alumnae Association of the Philadelphia High School for Girls (AAPHSG) must remain committed to supporting our Alma Mater and our younger sisters.
We are truly appreciative of your past donations and stewardship. Thanks to your generosity, this past year we were able to provide over $75,000 in support of students, the school, and our members. In addition to granting over a quarter of a million dollars in scholarships and awards to our graduating students.
- 175th Anniversary Year-Long Celebration of the Incorporation of the School (February 1, 1848)
- Renovation of the School Library
- Legacy Planning Workshops
- Renovations to the Marilyn Newby Cooper Public Archives
To give you more say in how you support the school and the AAPHSG, we are offering you the option of designating your donation to one of the following funds:
- General Fund: Donations in support of the Association’s administrative office, including staffing, printing and mailings, the Alumnae Newsletter, website, and other day-to-day alumnae services.
- Transition Program: Donations used to sustain the successful Girls’ High summer onboarding program for 9th graders.
- Capital Improvement Initiative: Donations used for capital Improvements to the school including the library, a new sound system for auditorium, and improvements to science labs.
- School Support: Donations used to fulfill the requests of the principal, faculty, and students.
If you would like to designate a fund other than those listed above, select 'Other' and enter your designation request in the comment. As we approach this year’s Season of Giving, we ask that you include the Alumnae Association in your charitable contributions. Your gift helps us maintain one of only two all-female public college preparatory high schools remaining in the country. No gift is too small.